Mobile marketing is a type of marketing that focuses on reaching a mass audience. By utilizing a multi-channel, digital marketing strategy, we can market to a mass audience on their smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices through email, SMS, MMS, social media, and apps.
The following techniques of mobile marketing are –
1. SMS Marketing
It is a type of mobile marketing that is done via text messages. The messages of this type are typically used to communicate time-sensitive offers, updates, and alerts to customers who have consented to receive them from your company via text message.
The following are the main industries that use SMS marketing –
- E-commerce stores – SMS is a great tool when sending promotional campaigns or order confirmations.
- Appointment-based business – SMS reminders to your clients to help them never miss another appointment. Then you will save tons of time and money you would otherwise spend on no-shows and late appointments.
- Organizations with more than 100 employees – SMS marketing are useful for large organizations. As it is easy to communicate via text messages. Sharing information via text messages is the best way to ensure that every employee receives the information they need at the right time.
2. Social Media Marketing
It is a type of marketing that is used to connect different mass audiences using different social media platforms which will help you to build up your brand, increase traffic on your websites, and increase sales.
Social media marketing involves publishing great content on your social media profiles, engaging your followers and analyzing the results as well as running advertising campaigns. Social media platforms (at present) include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, and Snapchat.
Additionally, there are a variety of social media management tools that can be used to maximize the potential of the social media platforms mentioned above.
As social media platforms evolve, their features change as well. Like Facebook firstly, it started with only text messages but now there are plenty of changes you can upload images, videos and can also promote your brand through ads.
3. Location-Based Marketing
This type of marketing uses the location of your mobile device to alert the owner of the device about an offer from a nearby business.
Location-Based Marketing is also known as Geo-Targeting Marketing, Geolocation Marketing, Proximity-Based Marketing, and Hyperlocal Marketing.
Location-based marketing is the most effective tool for getting the word out about your business. It helps in building success and in boosting in-store traffic and increasing brand awareness. It’s a relatively cost-effective form of advertising compared to other methods of advertising.
4. In-App Marketing
It is a type of marketing strategy which is deployed within a mobile application.
It includes a variety of in-app communication tactics designed to drive desired behavior and generate revenue, including:
- A Promotion of virtual goods and currencies within an app’s IAP (In-App Purchase) store.
- Promoting social sharing for the purpose of attracting more downloads.
- Fostering engagement with rewarded ad placements.
- Fostering interest in loyalty programs and scheduled engagements In Incorporating in-app payment features.
- Informing the active users about the features included in the latest update.
5. Push Notification
This is a type of marketing in which messages are pop up on the user’s phone, desktop. Only an app publisher can send a push notification only to the users who have installed the app.
Push Notification helps users to engage and re-engage with the app And also helps to remember about the app and get to know the offers, deals. Moreover, re-engaged users have significantly a higher rate of in-app conversion and lower cost of acquisition than new users. Push notifications can be received in-app or even while the device is locked, so they are a terrific way to convey information.
6. In-Game Marketing
This type of marketing allows advertisers to have the name of the brand or the products featured in given games. Advertisers have been both creative and aggressive in their attempts to integrate advertisements into games organically. Billboards placed in virtual cities can feature corporations’ logos, while racing games can feature real cars.
In-Game Marketing is used to insert advertisements in games that will be noticed without disrupting gaming. These types of advertisements help to boost their gaming revenue.