There has been an increase in celebrities protecting their children from being in the spotlight at a young age. They constantly request the media to refrain from taking pictures of their young ones. But this seems to be more difficult in today’s modern world, especially for star kids. Since they come from famous parents, they tend to become media darlings by default. This is precisely what happened with Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma’s daughter, Vamika.
The Controversy involving Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma’s daughter
During the third ODI (one-day International) series between India and South Africa at the Newlands, Cape Town, on January 23rd, 2022, the cameras captured Anushka Sharma and her daughter Vamika cheering for Virat Kohli. It was the first time the world had the opportunity to see the little girl, making her a viral hit.
Virat and Anushka, however, weren’t pleased with this. The couple posted a story on their Instagram handles revealing they were caught off guard by the incident and asked the world not to share their daughter’s photos.
Although the celebrity couple gained support, they also attracted criticism
Support began pouring in following their Instagram stories, but it quickly turned into memes. Many people understood and respected the couple’s desire for complete privacy, but some labeled them hypocrites and circulated memes of them online.
There were several arguments on the same. People shared their opinions on Twitter and Instagram. Several people questioned the couple’s decision of bringing their child to the stadium, which has numerous cameras, and evidently, there was no way to avoid it.
Netizens have also put forward a few arguments
1. Cricketer Virat Kohli is undoubtedly one of the most celebrated in the world. He is garnering more popularity after his recent decision to step down as test captain for India.
2. During these Cricket matches, cameras broadcast the game on a large scale and follow the game and occasionally show the families of players who are in the stands cheering for them. Therefore, it seemed reasonable to capture Kohli’s family.
3. As Kohli completed his half-century, the cameras captured the moment of pride of his family in the stands.
4. The popularity of Anushka Sharma is on par with Virat Kohli, resulting in an abundance of media attention for their daughter.
5. While these celebrities try to stay out of the spotlight, all cameras will be on them once they are in a public place like a cricket stadium. Thus, Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli’s decision to bring their daughter to the stadium came at the cost of revealing her face to the world.
Other celebrity parents who choose not to disclose their children’s identities
1. Akshay Kumar and Twinkle Khanna
2. Neha Dhupia and Angad Bedi
3. Rani Mukherji and Aditya Chopra
4. Mindy Kaling
5. Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik
6. Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes
Besides Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma, many other celebrities keep a low-key profile of their children. Until they are old enough, they keep them out of the limelight as much as possible. As celebrities, it’s almost impossible to escape the paparazzi. But as parents, they have an additional responsibility to prevent their children from becoming new sensations. The activities of these star kids are tracked and followed constantly, so they hardly get their needed space. Celebrity personal lives are always a hot topic of conversation for the world since they attract a lot of attention. One finds it difficult to keep their families away from publicity when they are in the public eye.