Lock Upp, a never-before-seen fearless reality show, will be presented to the audience. Kangana Ranaut, a Bollywood actress, will be host the show. Lock Upp will be available for 72 days starting today on the streaming apps MX Player and ALT Balaji at 10 p.m.
When and where to watch
Ekta Kapoor and MX Player’s ‘Lock Upp’ premieres on MX Player and ALT Balaji at 10 p.m. The show will be streamed LIVE 24 hours a day, but there will also be an hour-long episode available every day from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Lock Upp’s collection Omung Kumar designed the set, which is located in Mumbai’s Goregaon Film city. The show’s creators have remained tight-lipped so far. It’ll be interesting to see what’s in store for the audience once everything is revealed.
What to anticipate
According to sources, Lock Upp will test the contestants’ ability to survive in harsh conditions by requiring them to complete tasks in order to obtain basic necessities.
Ekta Kapoor on the show’s resemblance to Bigg Boss
“All captive realities all over the world get compared with each other and this is a captive reality. It’s like saying did you ever get scared because one soap opera got compared with the other. There’ll be 10 shows, and we will see them as the same stories. But they have all worked on their own differences”
About the contestants of Lock Upp –
- Munawar Faruqui – Munawar Faruqui is a stand-up comedian who was jailed for a month in January 2021 in Indore after a BJP MLA’s son accused him of hurting religious emotions in one of his stand-up gigs. Bengaluru Police rejected his stand-up comedy concerts licence in November 2021.
- Sunil Pal – Munawar Faruqui has been teamed with comedian Sunil. Sunil has appeared in a number of comedic reality series and has also starred in a number of films. He was in hot water for using profanity in web series and films available on OTT platforms. He had slammed actor Manoj Bajpayee, accusing him of being ill-mannered. Manoj responded by saying ‘badtameez’ and ‘gira hua admi’.
- Chakrapani – Known as Chakrapani Mahraj, he made headlines during the early days of the coronavirus outbreak for his ‘gomutra party.’ During the 2018 Kerala floods, Chakrapani spoke out against helping beef eaters and blamed the flooding on cow slaughter.
- Saisha Shinde – Saisha Shinde, a fashion designer, came out as a transwoman in early 2021. Swapnil Shinde was her previous name. Miss Universe Harnaaz Sandhu’s magnificent silver gown, with its beaded embellishments and plunging neckline, was designed by her and became a part of history. Chakrapani has been matched with Saisha.
- Poonam Pandey – Poonam Pandey, who made her Nasha debut in 2013, made news after posting semi-pornographic videos and photos to Instagram. She had her own app with her name on it. Poonam married her long-time boyfriend, Sam Bombay, and then filed a complaint against him, accusing him of molestation, threats, and violence. She is now single and looking for a partner.
- Babita Phogat – Wrestler-turned-politician Babita Phogat recently tweeted that ‘Jamaati’ is a bigger problem in India than the novel coronavirus pandemic. A number of social media users slammed Babita Phogat and asked Twitter to suspend the BJP politician’s account in response to the contentious post. Perhaps because she is one of the least controversial contestants, she is paired with Poonam Pandey.
- Sara Khan – Sara Khan, an actress, will also appear on the show. She previously appeared on Bigg Boss 4, when she married Ali Merchant. They split, however, after only a few months of marriage. She enjoys being in the headlines and, as a result, she is often involved in disputes.
- Sidharth Sharma – Siddharth has appeared on reality shows such as Big F and Splitsvilla. He also played Ranbir Chowdhary in ALT Balaji’s web series Puncch Beat. There is no such controversy surrounding him.
- Shivam Sharma – Shivam Sharma was one of Splitsvilla’s most divisive contestants. He’s been out of the spotlight for a while. He is now one of the Lock Upp contestants. It’ll be interesting to see how Shivam plays the game and how much entertainment he brings to the show.
- Anjali Arora – Anjali is a well-known social media influencer. She walks onto the stage and declares that she has a massive Instagram following because people adore him. People call her a fake because her followers have no idea what kind of influencer she is.
- Karanvir Bohra – Karanvir Bohra, a Lock Upp contestant, is in jail for’stealing limelight.’
- Nisha Rawal – Nisha Rawal, a TV actress, filed a police report accusing her ex-husband, actor Karan Mehra, of physical assault and an adulterous affair. Karan refuted the charges, claiming that she manufactured her injuries because he wouldn’t pay her alimony. She’s been accused of lying about her injuries on social media.
- Tehseen Poonawala – Tehseen Poonawalla was accused by Smriti Irani of making an improper remark about her. Tehseen, a lawyer and activist, is no stranger to the big screen. He had appeared on Salman Khan’s Bigg Boss 13.
- Payal Rohatgi – Payal Rohatgi, a former Bigg Boss contestant, has appeared in a few films and television shows. She has frequently made headlines for her divisive remarks. In Pune, a case was filed against her for allegedly making defamatory videos about Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru, Indira Gandhi, and Rajiv Gandhi on social media platforms.