One of the most respected and legendary playback singers and music composers of the Indian music industry, known as Nightingale of India, Queen of melody, Lata Ji died on 6 February 2022 morning at Breach Candy hospital in Mumbai.
Lata Mangeshkar was admitted to the hospital at the beginning of the year as she was diagnosed with covid-19 and symptoms of Pneumonia. Although she showed recovery and was taken off the ventilator on 28 January, her health again deteriorated on 5 February, and today at 8:12 she passed away leaving behind the entire nation mourning over the unfulfillable loss.
The iconic singer started her career at an early age of thirteen after being trained from an age of five by her father, Dinnanath Mangeshkar who was a notable music personality as well.
Since then Lata Mangeshkar had a glorious career in the music industry, contributing for more than 7 decades. Recording more than 25,000 magical songs in Hindi, Marathi, and 18 other Indian languages, earning several honors in her lifetimes like Bharat Ratna, Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award, Padma Vibhushan, Pama Bhushan, and many others.
In 1947, Lata Ji was also listed in the Guinness book of records as the most recorded artist in history.
She created and maintained a never-ending legacy of music that will surely be remembered by generations.
TOP 5 SONGS OF THE MELODY QUEEN
1. Lag Jaa Gale: Released in 1964 featuring in a Bollywood film “Woh Kaun Thi”, is a masterpiece that never fails to make our hearts melt.
2. Aap ki Nazron ne samjha: Making its way in the film called, “Anpadh” a magical song to leave you in awe.
3. Ek Pyaar Ka Nagma Hai: From a Bollywood movie called “Shor”, stating the definition of love and romance.
4. Tere Bina Zindagi Se: Co-sung by another legend, Kishore Kumar, featured in a legendary movie “Aandhi”, Everything is legendary about Lata Didi.
5. Aaj Phir Jeene Ki Tamanna: Although was vibed to before, now make the fans weep in her memory
Acknowledging all these facts, the demise of such a living legend and influential personality is a big loss for the nation.
Expressing his grief, The respected prime minister, Shri Narendra Modi tweeted stating,” I am anguished beyond words. The kind and caring Lata Didi left us. She leaves a void in our nation that cannot be filled. The coming generations will remember her as a stalwart of Indian culture, whose melodious voice had an unparalleled ability to mesmerize people.”
Home minister, Amit Shah and Vice president, Shri Venkaiah Naidu also expressed their sorrow and paid tribute to the singer through their respective tweets.
The tweet of the vice president read, “I am extremely saddened by the demise of Lata Mangeshkar Ji, the nightingale of Indian Cinema and legendary singer. India has lost its voice in the death of Lata Ji, who has enthralled music lovers in India and across the globe with her mellifluous and sublime voice for many decades”.
The minister of culture stated in their tweet, “Extremely saddened to learn about the unfortunate demise of veteran singer, Bharat Ratna #LataMangeshkar Ji. Our prayers to God for the departed soul and provide strength to the bereaved family. Her songs will echo in the hearts of music lovers for eternity. Om Shanti (joining hands emoji).”
The last rites of Lata Ji are reported to be conducted honorably at Shivaji Park at 6:30 pm in Mumbai. A 2 day of national mourning will be held as a tribute to the music legend.
5 SAYINGS BY OUR LATA JI
- “I believe in one power, and that is the hand of God. I respect all religions.”
- “I wouldn’t let a biopic be made on me. That’s because I don’t believe in them. I don’t like them.”
- “I feel God sent me to earth to sing. I started singing when I was five, but I don’t think I’ve worked as hard as many other people.”
- ” One has to be fully committed to one’s career. Otherwise, there is no point.”
- “As a singer, you have to bring the soul to the song”.
The entire music industries, fans, and family are in deep grief and are paying tributes through their social media posts and tweets. May the angelic soul of Lata Ji rest in peace.