Shah Rukh Khan’s Pathaan continues to be on a roll and by just Day 2 of its release, the film has collected over Rs.219.6 crore at the worldwide box office already! Not only that, Pathaan has created as many as 21 new records at the box office. Here are the details from Yash Raj Films (YRF), as shared with EW.
According to Yash Raj Films, on Day 2 that is January 26, Pathaan collected Rs.68 crore nett in the Hindi format, and the dubbed version earned Rs.2.5 crore nett in India. The total India box office collection of Pathaan on Day 2 was Rs.70.50 crore nett and Rs.82.94 crore gross. With this, Pathaan becomes the first Hindi film to breach the Rs.70 crore nett collection on a single day, while the overseas BO collection stood at Rs.30.70 crore gross.
List of 21 new records created by Pathaan at the box office worldwide so far:
1. Highest Grossing Day In The History of Hindi Cinema, Set Consecutively On Day 1 & Day 2.
2. Only Hindi Film To Breach ₹ 55 Cr NBOC Barrier, Set on Day 1.
3. Only Hindi Film To Breach ₹ 70 Cr NBOC Barrier, Set on Day 2.
4. Fastest Hindi Film To Record ₹ 100 Cr NBOC, Set on Day 2.
5. Only Hindi Film To Breach ₹ 50 Cr NBOC Barrier On Two Consecutive Days, Set on Day 2.
6. Sets Circuit Record In Every Film Circuit of India, Set on Day 2.
7. Widest Hindi Release of All Time In India, Set on Day 1.
8. Highest Grossing Opening Day For A Hindi Film Post COVID-19 Pandemic, Set Consecutively on Day 1 & Day 2.
9. Highest Grossing First Day For A Non-Holiday Release, Set on Day 1.
10. Highest Grossing Second Day In The History of Hindi Cinema, Set on Day 2.
11. YRF is The Only Film Studio In India To Breach ₹ 50 Cr NBOC Barrier With A Hindi Film, Set in the Years 2018, 2019 & 2023.
12. YRF Has Recorded Collections In Excess of ₹ 50 Cr NBOC Four Times in The Last 4 Years.
13. The 3rd YRF Film To Cross ₹ 50 Cr+ Net Box Office Collections On The 1st Day after WAR and THUGS OF HINDOSTAN.
14. The 3rd YRF SPY UNIVERSE FILM To Set An Opening Day Record After EK THA TIGER & WAR.
15. Highest Grossing First Day & Second Day for Shah Rukh Khan.
17. Highest Grossing First Day & Second Day for Deepika Padukone.
18. Highest Grossing First Day & Second Day for John Abraham.
19. Highest Grossing First Day & Second Day for Siddharth Anand.
20. Highest grossing First Day & Second Day for Yash Raj Films.
21. Highest grossing First Day & Second Day for YRF Spy Universe Films.
Pathaan was released on Wednesday, January 25, across the world on over 8,000 screens. The craze in India was such that from Day 1 itself there were shows from 6 am, and from Day 2, midnight shows starting at 12:30 am were added. Several single-screen theatres that had shut down during the COVID-19 pandemic opened their doors to screen Pathaan and have managed to start their business again on a good note.
Pathaan is the newest film in Aditya Chopra’s YRF Spy Universe franchise. Directed by Siddharth Anand, Pathaan stars Bollywood superstars Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, and John Abraham in the lead, with a cameo by superstar Salman Khan from the Tiger franchise in the Spy Universe.
It looks like Pathaan is on its way to breaking several new box office records in its first week in theatres itself. Watch this space for more on the box office of Pathaan.